Get ready to shake up your taste buds and elevate your sipping game because we've got a dazzling new sparkling wine cocktail that's perfect for any celebration! This celebration sized cocktail is spiked with brandy and gets a lift from Lambrusco, a fizzy Italian red wine. Say hello to the 'Fizz-tastic Sangria' – a delightful concoction that's about to become your go-to fall favorite!
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup water
3 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
Pinch of fine sea salt
3 cups 100% pomegranate juice (such as Pom Wonderful)
¾ cup (6 ounces) brandy
1 small green Anjou pear, cored and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 small persimmon, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
1 small orange, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices and quartered (about 1 cup)
1 small lime, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
½ cup pomegranate arils (about 3 ounces)
Step 1: Make Cinnamon Syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, 1/2 cup of water, cinnamon sticks, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Let it boil for about 5 minutes while stirring occasionally until you can taste the cinnamon flavor.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let the mixture cool at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- After an hour, remove and throw away the cinnamon sticks.
Step 2: Prepare the Sangria Base 6. In a large pitcher, whisk together pomegranate juice, brandy, and 1/4 cup of the cinnamon syrup (you can add more to your taste).
- Add in the pear, persimmon, orange, lime, and pomegranate arils to the pitcher.
- Mix everything together and then chill the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 12 hours. This allows the flavors to blend.
Step 3: Add the Sparkling Wine 9. Just before serving, stir approximately 2 1/2 cups of Lambrusco (the fizzy Italian red wine) into the chilled pomegranate juice mixture.
- Fill glasses with ice and then pour the sangria, making sure to include some fruit in each glass.
- Top each glass with about 1 tablespoon of the remaining Lambrusco.
- Serve your 'Fizz-tastic Autumn Sangria' immediately and enjoy! 🍂🥂