The Sip is a bevtech luxury brand changing the wine industry and the way sparkling wines are discovered. We offer an array of sparkling wines from around the world in a gift-ready box, making it convenient, affordable and fun to discover sparkling wine without breaking the bank. Our mission is to help everyone celebrate & elevate their everyday.
Since our founding in 2020, The Sip has been named one of the top 3 wine subscriptions by USA Today and we’re a top retailer for some amazing brands. As a Venture backed startup, we are at that perfect stage of growth, where we’re still small enough for you to make a major difference, while big enough to do some amazing things, and now is a great time to join The Sip team.
Our founder’s who are both Oakland natives who are realizing their true potential, are dedicated to investing in others so that they can do the same. That is why The Sip is committed to making an impact within our community. With each purchase, The Sip makes a charitable donation to nonprofit organizations. To learn more about this click here.
At The Sip we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, Veterans status, or disabilities.
Who we are looking for:
The Sip is looking for an ambitious and self-driven operations lead to join our team and lead operations in our facility. This warehouse currently houses all inventory for The Sip. As the operations lead, you’ll be integral to ensuring efficient and orderly use of the space and team. Your management responsibilities will also span across day to day such as processing & packaging product, planning, implementing and managing our operational budgets, finances and distribution strategy. Your main duty will be to lead the team and ensure a secure, accurate, timely and productive packing and shipping process.
What you will do!
- Manage the day to day operations of a warehouse which, on a weekly basis, ships out 200+ shipments.
- Manage and pack curated boxes along side the associates.
- Assessing and analyzing departmental budgets to find ways to minimize expenses and optimize profits
- Assist COO with financial professionals with creating and editing financial documents.
- Evaluate financial budgets and track expenses.
- Reconcile financial books including incoming and outgoing funds.
- Establish and maintain inventory management processes to ensure order picking and fulfillment accuracy as well as efficiency
- Supervise the shipping team to ensure accurate and efficient packing and shipment of boxes
- Ensure timely, accurate shipment of orders
- Use shipping software to organize and prioritize shipping activities
- Such as; create shipping labels, and organizing tracking information,
- Daily fulfillment of completed orders online
- Work with Logistics leadership team to create and implement overall shipping strategy and communicate product supply
- Work with Customer Service to give shipping updates on the reshipment of order claims
- Execute Pre-Shift meetings and communicate shift summary reports
- Assist with onboarding new team members
- Provides performance feedback and coaching
- Suggest solutions for process optimization
- Identify shipping issues and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Inventory Management
- Conduct and supervise manual counts
- Receive and accurately reflect inbound inventory
- Frequent standing and walking
- Lifting up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to tolerate cold temperatures (warehouse is kept at a 50°F )
Warehouse lead requirements and qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience in shipping/warehouse operations and product supply
- Knowledge of logistics operations and shipping procedures and documents
- Hands on experience with shipping and distribution software
- Good leadership skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Discount
- Fun Team!
Email your resume to Catherine@thesipsociety.com to apply.